What are the rules of construction in case of ambiguities in a negotiable instrument?
- Words prevail over figures
- Interest runs from the date of the instrument, if date from which interest is to run is unspecified; if undated, from the issue
- If undated, deemed dated on the date of issue
- Written provisions prevail over printed
- If there is doubt whether it is a bill or note, the holder may treat it as either at his election
- When not clear in what capacity it was signed, deemed signed as an indorser
- If "I promise to pay" but signed by two or more persons, jointly and severally liable.