What are considered as “NOT doing or transacting business” in the Philippines for foreign corporations?
1. Mere investment as shareholder and exercise of rights as investor
2. Having a nominee director or officer to represent its interest in the corporation
3. Appointing a representative or distributor which transacts business in its own name and for its own account
4. Publication of a general advertisement through any print or broadcast media
5. Maintaining a stock of goods in the Philippines solely for the purpose of having the same processed by another entity in the Philippines
6. Consignment by the foreign corporation of equipment with a local company to be used in the processing of products for export
7. Collecting information in the Philippines
8. Performing services auxiliary to an existing isolated contract of sale which are not on a continuing basis.