DURATION AND EFFECTS OF PENALTIES
1. Reclusion Perpetua- imprisonment for at least thirty  years after which the convict becomes eligible for pardon. It also carries with it accessory penalties, namely: perpetual special disqualification, etc.
2. Reclusion Temporal- 12 years and 1 day to 20 years
3. Prision Mayor and Temporary Disqualification- 6 years and 1 day to 12 years
4. Prision correccional, suspension, and destierro- 6 months and 1 day to 6 years
5. Arresto Mayor- 1 month and 1 day to 6 months
6. Arresto Menor- 1 day to 30 days
7. Bond to keep the peace— The bond to keep the peace shall be required to cover such period of time as the court may determine.
Section One. — Duration of Penalties
Art. 27. Reclusion perpetua. — Any person sentenced to any of the perpetual penalties shall be pardoned after undergoing the penalty for thirty years, unless such person by reason of his conduct or some other serious cause shall be considered by the Chief Executive as unworthy of pardon.
Reclusion temporal. — The penalty of reclusion temporal shall be from twelve years and one day to twenty years.
Prision mayor and temporary disqualification. — The duration of the penalties of prision mayor and temporary disqualification shall be from six years and one day to twelve years, except when the penalty of disqualification is imposed as an accessory penalty, in which case its duration shall be that of the principal penalty.
Prision correccional, suspension, and destierro. — The duration of the penalties of prision correccional, suspension and destierro shall be from six months and one day to six years, except when suspension is imposed as an accessory penalty, in which case, its duration shall be that of the principal penalty.
Arresto mayor. — The duration of the penalty of arresto mayor shall be from one month and one day to six months.
Arresto menor. — The duration of the penalty of arresto menor shall be from one day to thirty days.
Bond to keep the peace. — The bond to keep the peace shall be required to cover such period of time as the court may determine.