> If the decedent left no will and no debts and the heirs are all of age, or the minors are represented by their judicial or legal representatives duly authorized for the purpose, the parties may, without securing letters of administration, divide the estate among themselves as they see fit by means of a public instrument filed in the office of the Register of Deeds and should they disagree, they may do so in an ordinary action of partition

> If there is only one heir, he may adjudicate to himself the entire estate by means of an affidavit filed in the office of the RD

> The parties to an extrajudicial settlement, whether by public instrument or by stipulation in a pending action for partition, or the sole heir who adjudicates the entire estate to himself by means of an affidavit shall file, simultaneously with and as a condition precedent to the filing of the public instrument, or
stipulation in the action for partition, or of the affidavit in the office of the RD, a bond with the said RD, in an amount equivalent to the value of the personal property involved as certified to under oath by the parties concerned and conditioned upon the payment of any just claim that may be filed

Section 86. Extrajudicial settlement of estate. When a deed of extrajudicial settlement has been duly registered, the Register of Deeds shall annotate on the proper title the two-year lien mentioned in Section 4 of Rule 74 of the Rules of Court. Upon the expiration of the two-year period and presentation of a verified petition by the registered heirs, devisees or legatees or any other party in interest that no claim or claims of any creditor, heir or other person exist, the Register of Deeds shall cancel the two-year lien noted on the title without the necessity of a court order. The verified petition shall be entered in the Primary Entry Book and a memorandum thereof made on the title.

No deed of extrajudicial settlement or affidavit of adjudication shall be registered unless the fact of extrajudicial settlement or adjudication is published once a week for three consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the province and proof thereof is filed with the Register of Deeds. The proof may consist of the certification of the publisher, printer, his foreman or principal clerk, or of the editor, business or advertising manager of the newspaper concerned, or a copy of each week's issue of the newspaper wherein the publication appeared.